Browse Items (260 total)

  • Tags: Road
A view up Crossley Street from Northgate. Buses clearly used to stop here. The 512 service serves Mixenden to this day.
The junction of Lower Kirkgate and Berry Lane, Halifax. Mackintosh's factory is in the background, the chimney is still there. The coal shoots were just off the picture to the right.
The now disused warehouse a little to the south of the station with the site of former sidings now car parking for Eureka Children's Museum.
The high level access was built in the mid-1880s when the station was considerably enlarged including sidings, lines and platforms to the front of the station now, as seen here, car parking and access road to Eureka Children’s Museum. To the right a…
The Leeds & Bradford Extension Railway, later a part of the MR, between Shipley and Colne opened through Keighley in 1847 giving the town its first station. The station seen here dates from 1883 and is on the opposite side of Bradford Road to the…
On the 'short line' from Bradford to Leeds Central Station opened in 1854 by the Leeds, Bradford & Halifax Junction Railway which was acquired by the GNR in 1865. The station closed in 1966 and the buildings were demolished; a new station with bus…
Looking down on the station early 20th century which was on the NER's Cross Gates – Wetherby line; opened 1876 and closed 1964.
The state of the art Leeds Station sitting atop a labyrinth of Victorian vaults and arches known as the Dark Arches. The surrounding area has been further re-developed since this photo and there is now also a passenger foot access to the station…
The 'under belly' of Leeds Station in 2006. Many users of Leeds Station are unaware that it sits atop a massive Victorian complex of vaults and arches spanning the River Aire, the so called ‘Dark Arches’, reputedly comprising 18 million bricks.…
On the right the imposing general Post Office building which still stands today although no longer the post Office. On the left just out of view to the front of the tram was the entrance to Wellington Station whilst looking ahead is Wellington Street…
The Station Car Park at the top of Station Road in 2013. This had been the site of the large two bay Station Warehouse which was demolished in 1969 following serious fire damage. The formal landscaped car park was constructed in 1994.
Stubbings Steps from School Street down to Commercial Street in the 1950s. The building at the bottom was originally the toll bar house on the Leeds and Hebden Bridge Turnpike Road.
Halifax Road, at Richmond Street, looking east towards Spring Gardens. Key Syke Lane goes off to the right.
Drawing by Dennis O'Neill of Bus No 2, which was first registered in 1913.

Despite this drawing being labelled 1910 the bus was not actually registered until 1913.
Todmorden bus No. 3 first registered in 1920.
Todmorden bus No. 3 first registered in 1920.
Centre is Alderman John Henry Whitaker, for many years Chairman of Todmorden Joint Omnibus Committee.
Todmorden bus driver and conductor in the 1920s.
Mr B. Pickles in 1947. This Todmorden bus No. 9 was first registered in 1947.
Todmorden Joint Omnibus Committee bus tickets around the 1950s.
Selection of Todmorden Joint Omnibus Committee bus tickets.
Covers for the timetables produced by Todmorden Omnibus Committee including the years 1928, 1937 and 1960.
Todmorden No.4 bus first registered in 1907.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2