Browse Items (10 total)

  • Tags: Siddal
This short-lived business was very popular in the early part of the 20th C. It was situated in Exley.
The zoo was situated at Exley and was open during the early part of the 20thC. The 'African Forest Bred Lions' look rather cramped in their tiny enclosure. Postcard dated September 1912.
The road over the bridge is called Bottoms, the mill that used to be here was also called Bottoms, if the bridge has a name it will be Bottoms Bridge.
The sketch and description were originally published in The Halifax Courier in 1912-1913. The house was built in 1668 by Thomas Hanson upon the site of an ancient homestead that existed in the 13th century. The structure is in excellent…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2