Browse Items (137 total)

  • Tags: Sport and recreation

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAL00531.jpg
Dated 16.06.1918 from son Percy to Mother and Father. Royal Army Medical Corps. AN70081533

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/MHA00118.jpg
Back row, left to right: Arthur Francis, Jim Stone, unknown, Robert Huck (goalie), Terry Southwell, Donald Powell, George Thompson, Norman Uttley, Philip Sutcliffe. Front row: David Lawton, Geoffrey Traynor, unknown, Derek Ingham, Keith Pickles.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/MHA00116.jpg
Mr Walton, teacher. Front row: Michael Walker, Jimmy Hooson, Dennis Burton, unknown (Wray?), Ronnie Hudson. Back row: unknown, Peter Coneron, Michael Robertshaw, unknown, Robert Falcon Scott, unknown, Peter Holroyd.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/MHA00115.jpg
Teacher Frank Walton. Back row: Bill Dalton, unknown, unknown, Brian Kershaw, Jimmy Ashworth, Donald Coneron. Front row: unknown, unknown, Brian Sunderland, Brian Singleton, Brian Wray, Derek Williams.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/MHA00103.jpg
Teacher is Mr Walton, back row right is Brian Greenwood. Front row right is derek Hem, and next to him Brian Powell.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CBC06052.jpg
Hollins Mill Lane runs top left to the right to the picture. Sowerby Bridge cricket ground is bottom left. Tuel Lane runs down the picture from centre top. Ref 419160

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TNC00332.jpg
A good view of the cricket field with the railway line and Rochdale Canal to the left of the picture. The complex of buildings to the eft of the road is Gordon Rigg's Garden Centre.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TNC00313.jpg
Railway line and bridge. This section of the Manchester & Leeds Railway between Hebden Bridge and Summit East was completed in December 1840.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00253.jpg
A steam vehicle on Burnley Road passing tennis court and bowling green on Tillotson Holme and above long lines of railway goods wagons in the Station Goods Yard, closed 1962. St Mary's Church with its 126ft spire, demolished 1980, on the hillside

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00181.jpg
Undated postcard showing the Church Institute Bowling Green 22 July 1911. Behind is St Michael's Church.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2