Browse Items (11 total)

  • Tags: St Mary's Church

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAL00222.jpg
This picture was taken by Thomas Greenlees from outside his shop in Church Street, Todmorden, in December 1923. Being a saddler by trade, he was probably more interested in the well-turned horses than the hearse, indeed, he probably supplied the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00107.jpg
Interior of St Mary's Church pre 1950s. The west and north galleries were removed in the 1950s and the pulpit in the 1990s. The chandelier has also now gone and some memorials have gone or been resited.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CRN00291.jpg
The gable end of the Endowed School can be seen behind the building works for the new garden. Todmorden Town Hall is on the left.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CRN00272.jpg
Making of new garden at the east end of St Mary's, on the former Barclays Bank site.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ANP00133.jpg
St Mary's church, now demolished, is just visible on the right. In the foreground is the aqueduct taking the Rochdale Canal over the River Lud. The building on the left, the former Mechanic's Institute, now Barley Wine; the building beyond this has…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2