Browse Items (15 total)

  • Tags: St Michael's Church

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEP00456.jpg
Taken from the bridge over the canal. Note the Co-op on right and Watsons Mill on the left. The mill was demolished to allow the entrance to Midgley Road to be widened.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEP00448.jpg
Probably pictured outside St Michael's, Mytholmroyd and judging by the buttonholes it was for a wedding.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00118.jpg
Undated postcard. Looking down the River Calder from Caldene Bridge. The roof of the Sunday school building over the bridge has since been lowered.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00116.jpg
Undated postcard. Taken outside St Michael's Sunday School. A note on the reverse gives the Vicar as Thomas Metcalfe and John Willie Fielding centre front and on the right hand side Elsie Hargreaves.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00115.jpg
Postcard with 1953 postmark. The foundation stone was laid in 1847 and the church was consecrated in 1848, was enlarged in 1887 and the following year the foundation stone was laid for a new chancel. Distinctively it has a small octagonal spire on…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00114.jpg
Postcard with 1958 postmark. The foundation stone was laid in 1847 and the church was consecrated in 1848; it was enlarged in 1887 and the following year the foundation stone was laid for the new chancel. The mosaics were added in 1928/9.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00113.jpg
Postcard with 1904 postmark. The foundation stone of the Church was laid in 1847 and the church was consecrated in 1848. The church was enlarged in 1887 and the following year the foundation stone was laid for a new chancel. Intriguingly the sender…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00112.jpg
Postcard with possible 1909 postmark. The foundation stone for the Church was laid in 1847 and the church was consecrated in 1848. The church was enlarged in 1887 and the following year the foundation stone was laid for a new chancel. Distinctively…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00111.jpg
Post card with 1917 postmark. The foundation stone for the church was laid in 1847 and the church was consecrated in 1848. The church was enlarged in 1887 and the following year the foundation stone was laid for a new chancel. Distinctively it has a…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00110.jpg
Undated postcard. The Church foundation stone was laid in 1847 and the church was consecrated in 1848. The church was enlarged in 1887 and the following year the foundation stone was laid for a new chancel. Distinctively it has a small octagonal…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00109.jpg
Undated postcard showing an 1849 engraving of the church. The foundation stone was laid in 1847 and the church was consecrated in 1848. Enlarged in 1887, the following year the foundation stone was laid for a new chancel. Distinctively it has a small…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS01517.jpg
This picture of the interior of Mytholmroyd Parish Church, painted by Mr Joseph Mac Fall, Stationmaster and sometime churchwarden, was presented by the teachers and friends of the Sunday School on Christmas Day 1852 to the Rev. William Baldwin as a…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2