Browse Items (23 total)

  • Tags: Station Warehouse

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00105.jpg
The warehouse vehicle loading dock at the top of Station Road in 1966 after the withdrawal of goods facilities that year. The building was let for general storage but demolished in 1969 following serious fire damage. The site is now the station car…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00104.jpg
The station warehouse, which was built in stages between 1877 and 1884, is seen here in 1967 following withdrawal of goods facilities the previous year. The goods yard is in process of being dismantled. The warehouse was let for general storage but…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WSC00155.jpg
A famous photo of the station area about 1900. Bottom right the Municipal Gas Works at Crow Nest, above it Mayroyd Mill and then the five storey Victoria Mill with the small station dwarfed by it and the large station warehouse on the other side.…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00211.jpg
Postcard with July 1954 postmark. Bottom left is the Hangingroyd area and above it the Birchcliffe Hillside. Right of centre is the station area with the large station warehouse, Victoria Mill and the gas works, all now demolished.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00423.jpg
Bowling green and pavilion and above the trees the gable end of the large Station Warehouse demolished following a fire in 1969. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KEC00347.jpg
Long lost scene. Far left the Crow Nest Gas Works, to the right semaphore signals and water turret, towards the centre the long demolished Victoria Mill and to its left the apex of the station warehouse demolished in 1969. Part of the Hebden Bridge…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00454.jpg
Looking up towards the station. The large station warehouse is still there at the top but Local Authority housing not yet built on the land between Palace House Road and the line.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00453.jpg
1920s or '30s. By this time carting had been contracted out by the LMS and here to Robertshaw Bros. A mixture of vehicles and registration plates; with the exception of the second from the right which is a Huddersfield number the rest are all…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00321.jpg
An open top tram on Burnley Road looking up Station Road to the large station warehouse, early 20th century. The Halifax Corporation trams reached Hebden Bridge in November 1901. This postcard may have been taken to commemorate the inaugural run.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00232.jpg
An open top tram on Burnley Road looking up Station Road to the large station warehouse, early 20th century. The Halifax Corporation trams reached Hebden Bridge in November 1901.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00304.jpg
LYRS 2685 - The remains of Elland Station in about 1964. The first station opened near the tunnel in 1841 but this, the third station, with its island platform dated from 1894. The station and goods yard closed in 1962 and the station warehouse on…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00268.jpg
LYRS 8680 - The disused and now demolished warehouse looking down Station Approach towards the viaduct.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00267.jpg
LYRS 2804 - the disused and now demolished ‘up’ side Station Warehouse on Station Approach, opposite the rear of the ‘White Hart'.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00254.jpg
LYRS 2800 - Looking across to the Manchester 'up' platform in about 1950 with the station master’s house behind the fence, that and the warehouse to its left have been demolished.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00251.jpg
LYRS 2795 - This was the third station on the site and dates from 1881. Seen here in about 1910 looking west with Dobroyd Castle on the hillside. On the right the ‘down’ side warehouse and the carriages in the left hand bay would have formed a…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00223.jpg
LYRS 8453 - The Goods Yard looking north west from the westbound platform. Date unknown but the yard looks derelict and goods facilities were withdrawn in 1966. The warehouse was let for general storage but demolished following a serious fire in…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00222.jpg
LYRS 8452 -Date unknown but after the demolition of Victoria Mill in the later 1960s. General view of the Goods Warehouse, platforms, station buildings and canopies looking east. Only one of the former three taking-in door hoists on the warehouse…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00221.jpg
LYRS6051 - Goods facilities were withdrawn in 1966 and the goods yard closed and dismantled. The warehouse was let for general storage but was demolished in 1969 following a serious fire. The site is now the station car park. . The square wood clad…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00220.jpg
LYRS6050. The large double bay station warehouse in 1963 but with only one of the former three taking-in door hoists left. Goods facilities were withdrawn in 1966 and the warehouse let for general storage. It was demolished in 1969 following a…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00215.jpg
LYRS 4478 - General view of the 'up' platform, buildings and canopy in 1951 with westbound Stanier 4-6-0 Class No. 45421. The station warehouse to the left and Victoria Mill beyond were demolished in the late 1960s. The sleepers on the platform…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00210.jpg
LYRS2701. Early 20thc. pre-1908 view across the railway station to the town. The passenger station, re-built 1891/2, wedged between Victoria Mill to its right and the large railway warehouse to the left, the second bay of which built in 1884 still…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2