Browse Items (479 total)

  • Tags: Taverns
The name was changed to the General Rawdon in 1875, so this photograph must pre-date that.
Grade II

House, now flat and shop, late C17 with mid C19 and late C20 alterations with added barn late C18. Hammer-dressed stone, stone slate roof. 2 1/2 storeys. L- shaped group. Gable fronts road and has 5-light flat faced mullioned window…
At one time home of the Hebden Bridge Sports and Social Club
Now a private house, was at one time the Tythe Barn Inn then the Thirsty Turtle.
A building that has had several names. Originally the Liberal Rooms, it has been the home of Hebden Bridge Sports and Social Club, Crown House Hotel, Greenwood Inn, currently (2020) the Crown Inn.
Threatened with closure and redevelopment as housing, the local community raised funds to try to buy the property (The Merry Men), bought by a local farmer and wife who after a difficult period ended up becoming the landlord himself. Centre of much…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2