Browse Items (37 total)

  • Tags: Tram Lines

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00214.jpg
In the centre the single storey entrance to the Midland Market Street Station which had been rebuilt and enlarged in 1890 largely to accommodate the increased traffic from the MR’s recently completed independent Anglo Scottish line, the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00199.jpg
The Leeds & Bradford Extension Railway, later a part of the MR, between Shipley and Colne opened through Keighley in 1847 giving the town its first station. The station seen here dates from 1883 and is on the opposite side of Bradford Road to the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00135.jpg
In the centre the War Memorial which was dedicated in 1922. To the left with the clock is the now demolished Royal Exchange Chambers and on the right the old Midland Railway’s Queens Hotel and to the right of that the gates into Wellington Station.…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00247.jpg
Looking along Burnley Road in the Halifax direction. The Halifax Corporation trams were withdrawn in the mid-1930s and all the buildings seen here on the left were demolished probably late 1970s.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00183.jpg
Halifax Corporation trams reached Mytholmroyd in 1901 and were withdrawn in 1936.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00182.jpg
The gentleman with the horse is George William Thomas, son of James Farrar Thomas. The building on the right was the Tythe Barn. It became a pub and restaurant of that name, later changed to The Thirsty Turtle, now a private house. Behind it is…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00129.jpg
Undated postcard. The centre picture shows tramlines on Burnley road, trams were withdrawn in 1936.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00104.jpg
Undated postcard but after erection of the War Memorial in 1922. Behind the Memorial is Grange Dean, now site of the Health Centre; note that the main road is still cobbled. The cobbles far right lead onto County Bridge.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00103.jpg
Looking in the Halifax direction with the junction onto County Bridge on the far right. The Halifax Corporation Tramway reached Mytholmroyd in 1901 and trams ceased running in 1936.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00102.jpg
Postcard postmarked 1913 looking in the Halifax direction. The Halifax Corporation Trams came to Mytholmroyd in 1901 and ceased running in 1936.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RAW00126.jpg
View after road widening. The bunting would have been for the coronation that month of George V.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RAW00124.jpg
Road improvements, view before widening. Note the cobbled road with tram lines and power lines above. The Halifax Corporation trams reached Hebden Bridge in 191/2 and ceased in 1936.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC08055.jpg
The price of fish, chips, tea and bread and butter is 8d. in the cafe nick named Mrs Cuddys on New Road. It was moved to the canal side on Holme Street and converted into a garage later becoming Southwells Coaches, which later became the site of the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC06362.jpg
Burnley Road at the top of Brearley Lane was the site of the Evercreme Toffee Works. On every 'Toyplane' toffee was printed a letter from the word 'Toyplane'. When you had collected all the letters you could send in the wrappers in exchange for a…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00698.jpg
Alice Longstaff is standing on the bridge, the clog factory is in the background.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00604.jpg
Two open top Halifax Corporation trams on New Road, Hebden Bridge. The Corporation's tramway was extended to Hebden Bridge in 1901 to a terminus on New Road near the junction with Crown Street. This necessitated the Corporation installing electricity…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00600.jpg
Taken at Pall Mall, now a car park. Watson's mill on the left, now Russell Dean's furniture shop. Postcard.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00432.jpg
1925. Burnley Road shops with the tram lines in the centre of the road, these were lifted in 1936.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00429.jpg
This is Burnley Road looking towards Halifax at the junction with New Road and County Bridge on the right. An early open top Halifax Corporation tram with external steps up is approaching. On the left is the Dusty Miller.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2