Browse Items (3 total)

  • Tags: Underbank

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC05079.jpg
Originally called Underbank Dyeworks it was used for dying silk, having two dye sheds. The remains of the mill dam which was fed by a goit from Jumble Hole Clough, can still be seen above the mill. nearby is Underbank Hall

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS01288.jpg
The sketch and description were originally published in The Halifax Courier in 1912-1913. Underbank is on the upper side of the tram track where the Pye Nest route runs into Bolton Brow. Earliest records go back to about 1454, when Robert Wainhouse…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2