Browse Items (5 total)

  • Tags: Vicarage

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00233.jpg
Postcard with 1917 postmark. This church, built in 1838 to replace a smaller church constructed in 1813, was paid for from the 'million pound fund'. An Act of Parliament allocated £1 million to build churches in the rapidly expanding industrial areas…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00232.jpg
Postcard with 1917 postmark. This church, built in 1838 to replace a smaller church constructed in 1813, was paid for from the 'million pound fund'. An Act of Parliament allocated £1 million to build churches in the rapidly expanding industrial areas…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00228.jpg
The lodge, at the entrance to New Cragg Hall. The hall was enlarged in 1904 by Helen and William Simpson-Hinchliffe, but destroyed by fire in 1921. The lodge is shown here with its original archway. This archway was later widened by them to allow…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00143.jpg
Undated postcard. The Vicarage at Mytholmroyd, situated on Cragg Road. The house is still there but no longer a vicarage. The field with the horse in it is now where a row of red brick houses stands- they are known locally as Blackpool houses…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC06340.jpg
In 1813 they laid the foundation stone of a small church at Marshaw Bridge. The building was completed 1815. There was accommodation for 250, but it soon became inadequate and was in a state of disrepair.
1838 New church commenced.
1839 Church of St.…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2