Browse Items (19 total)

  • Tags: West End Bridge
Looking down Hebden Water to the three bridges in the town centre; St Georges Bridge (1893, the Old Bridge (1510) and West End Bridge (1772).
Hebden Bridge's three bridges town centre bridges over Hebden Water. St Georges Bridge (1892), Old Bridge (1510), West End Bridge (1771). To the left the chimney of Bridge Mill. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive
Bridges over Hebden Water in the town centre. In the foreground St Georges Bridge, then Old Bridge and above that West End Bridge . The buildings on the right have been demolished and replaced by a block of offices and shops. Part of the Hebden…
The bridge was built about 1771/2 to carry the new Halifax - Todmorden turnpike road. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive
Sydney B. King,Gent's Outfitter. The building is now demolished. Note the old cross roads sign for the junction with Bridge Gate and Holme Street.
ALC00332. West End shops in the 1920s; Blackburn Ironmongers still there as in the 1910 photograph. The gabled building on the left on the corner of Bridge Gate and New Road was demolished in 1931 for widening New Road; the cut back corner building…
Horse and cart crossing West End Bridge in to Market Street. Jackson Merchant Tailor's at the junction with Old Gate looking down Market Street. Building now demolished.
Motor bike approaching West End bridge and Hebden Bridge traffic lights
New Road junction with Holme Street, left, and Bridge Gate, right looking towards West End. The signs on the left-hand building, below the lamp, point up Bridge Gate to Keighley and Hardcastle Crags. The policeman on point duty at the junction, a…
Looking down Hebden Water to West End Bridge with Old Gate on the right. The building on the left, which is to the rear of Westbourne House, was converted into a dwelling in 2012 and windows added. Beyond the bridge is Central Dyeworks to which an…
View down the Hebden Water passed the Council Offices, built 1897, St Georges Bridge, 1893, Old Bridge 1510, West End Bridge 1771. The open land bottom right is now Valley Road and Market Place.
Date unknown but after construction of West End Bridge in 1772.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2