Browse Items (12 total)

  • Tags: exhibit

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC06002.jpg
The church became redundant in 1984 and was converted into private dwellings.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC05852.jpg
The White Horse Hotel was an inn at least since 1851, although Barry Ledgard tells us that a licensee of the White Horse Inn, William Jackson, was charged with running a stage carriage without a licence, every Market day, to Halifax, and was caught…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC02561.jpg
Four public pumps stood in Heptonstall. This is one of the few surviving and best preserved in Yorkshire.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC01292.jpg
The sweet shop at bottom of town, Heptonstall opposite what was the Co-op. In 1960 it was Ballard's paper shop. Arthur Ballard used this photo to re-instate the round window when he opened as a shop (S. Ballard)

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00375.jpg
Looking up Bridge Lanes towards its junction with Heptonstall Road. The large building on the left was Breck Mill, a corn mill, now demolished. On the right the buildings beyond the high gabled building were all demolished in 1964 and the area…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00368.jpg
The White Horse Hotel was an inn at least since 1851, it closed 1960, and on the Monday afternoon of 26th November, 1962, demolition workers were sending the walls of the White Horse Hotel crashing to the ground. A few hours later, across the street…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS00254.jpg
It was decided to open a subscription list for a new church following extensive storm damage to the old church in 1847. The foundation stone for the new church was laid on 15th May, 1850; the completed church being consecrated on 26th October, 1854,…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2