<<< Back

Title: Midgley Providence Methodist Chapel prior to conversion. - HCC00114

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00114.jpg
Click on the photo to enlarge. Click here to Comment
To license a hi-res version of this image or order a print: Copy the full title, including the number and quote this when contacting us. Not all images are available to license or print.

Title

Midgley Providence Methodist Chapel prior to conversion. - HCC00114

Subject

Churches & Chapels, Interior, Methodist, Midgley, Midgley Chapel, Places, Providence Chapel

Description

The body of the Chapel whilst in course of dismantling.

The first chapel in the village, Union Chapel, was built in 1818 at a cost of £400 and replaced by Providence Chapel in 1883, built at a cost of £1420. The chapel could hold 500/700 people and there were six class rooms and a further large room to hold 300. The last service was held in October 1994 and the building subsequently converted into apartments.

Creator

Christopher Cawkwell

Source

Christopher Cawkwell Collection

Rights

PHDA - Horizons Community Collection

Identifier

HCC

Citation

Christopher Cawkwell, “Midgley Providence Methodist Chapel prior to conversion. - HCC00114,” Pennine Horizons Digital Archive, accessed February 20, 2020, http://penninehorizons.org/items/show/25343.

Output Formats

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>