<<< Back

Title: Midgley Providence Methodist Chapel prior to conversion. - HCC00116

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00116.jpg
Click on the photo to enlarge. Click here to Comment
To license a hi-res version of this image or order a print: Copy the full title, including the number and quote this when contacting us. Not all images are available to license or print.

Title

Midgley Providence Methodist Chapel prior to conversion. - HCC00116

Subject

Churches & Chapels, Interior, Methodist, Midgley, Midgley Chapel, Places, Providence Chapel

Description

Site of the pulpit in the centre and the choir pews being dismsntled in 1994.

The first chapel in the village, Union Chapel, was built in 1818 at a cost of £400 and replaced by Providence Chapel in 1883, built at a cost of £1420. The chapel could hold 500/700 people and there were six class rooms and a further large room to hold 300. The last service was held in October 1994 and the building subsequently converted into apartments.

Creator

Christopher Cawkwell

Source

Christopher Cawkwell Collection

Date

1994, 1990s

Rights

PHDA - Horizons Community Collection

Identifier

HCC

Citation

Christopher Cawkwell, “Midgley Providence Methodist Chapel prior to conversion. - HCC00116,” Pennine Horizons Digital Archive, accessed December 5, 2019, http://penninehorizons.org/items/show/25345.

Output Formats

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>