Title: Apperley Bridge & Rawdon Station - DNT00177
Click on the photo to enlarge. Click here to Comment
To license a hi-res version of this image or order a print: Copy the full title, including the number and quote this when contacting us. Not all images are available to license or print.
Apperley Bridge & Rawdon Station - DNT00177
Airedale, Apperley Bridge, Bridge, Canopies, Footbridge, Gas Lamp, Lamp, MR, Midland Railway, Places, Platform, Railway, Railway station, Railways, Station, Station Building, Station Canopies, Station Platform, Telegraph Pole, Trees
The station on the Leeds & Bradford Railway’s Aire Valley Line opened in July 1846 a few weeks after the line. This station was replaced in 1900 by the one seen here when the line was widened to four tracks. The station closed in 1965 but a new station in a different location was opened in 2015.
PHDA - David Taylor Collection
Unknown, “Apperley Bridge & Rawdon Station - DNT00177,” Pennine Horizons Digital Archive, accessed March 25, 2019, http://penninehorizons.org/items/show/26606.