Title: Saltaire Station - DNT00178
Click on the photo to enlarge. Click here to Comment
To license a hi-res version of this image or order a print: Copy the full title, including the number and quote this when contacting us. Not all images are available to license or print.
Saltaire Station - DNT00178
Airedale, Bridge, Footbridge, Gas Lamp, Lamp, MR, Midland Railway, Places, Platform, Railings, Railway, Railway station, Railways, Saltaire, Semaphore Signals, Signals, Station, Station Building, Station Platform, Telegraph Pole, Trees
The Leeds & Bradford Extension Railway between Shipley and Colne opened over its whole length in 1848 but a station wasn’t opened by the MR at Saltaire until 1856. This station was closed in 1965 and the buildings demolished in 1970. In 1984 a new unstaffed station was opened on the site.
PHDA - David Taylor Collection
Unknown, “Saltaire Station - DNT00178,” Pennine Horizons Digital Archive, accessed July 23, 2019, http://penninehorizons.org/items/show/26607.