<<< Back

Title: Bradley Station, Nr. Huddersfield - DNT00273

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00273.jpg
Click on the photo to enlarge. Click here to Comment
To license a hi-res version of this image or order a print: Copy the full title, including the number and quote this when contacting us. Not all images are available to license or print.

Title

Bradley Station, Nr. Huddersfield - DNT00273

Description

Bradley Station a few miles north east of Huddersfield was the first station on the Huddersfield & Manchester Railway (H&MR) after its line branched off the L&YR’s Calder Valley Main Line. The H&MR opened to Huddersfield in 1847 although by then it had amalgamated with the LNWR. Bradley station opened at the same time but was resited in 1849 about the time the H&MR opened between Huddersfield and Stalybridge.



The station is seen here looking in the Huddersfield direction at an unknown date, but after completion of quadrupling the line in 1894. The double tracks in the foreground ran to Heaton Lodge Junction and Mirfield and the tracks veering off to the right to Brighouse.



The station was closed in 1950.

Rights

PHDA _ David Taylor Collection

Relation

Pennine Horizons Digital Archive

Identifier

DNT00273.jpg

Citation

“Bradley Station, Nr. Huddersfield - DNT00273,” Pennine Horizons Digital Archive, accessed December 2, 2022, http://penninehorizons.org/items/show/36657.

Output Formats

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>