Alice Longstaff - General Pictures

Title

Alice Longstaff - General Pictures

Collection Items

View over Hebden Bridge - ALC09049
Palace House is in the foreground

St Georges Bridge, Hebden Bridge - ALC09048
Bridge dated 1892. Cast Iron by "De Bergue & Co. Ltd. Manchester." A 2 span slightly skewed bridge with triangular stone breakwaters which rise into elaborately decorated piers. East pier is inscribed "E. Riley - Architect" and the west pier is…

View over Hebden Bridge - ALC09047
Palace House is in there foreground and the other side of what is now Calder Holmes Park Hope Baptist Church stands proud. On the left the road to Heptonstall winds up the hill past Crosslanes Chapel.

The Waterman's House at Walshaw - ALC09046
Originally termed a cottage, this building caused quite a bit of controversy during the building of the Walshaw reserservoirs in the 1900s. The room nearest the camera was used for committee meetings. The tracks are for the railway used during the…

West End, Hebden Bridge - ALC09045
Traffic lights now replace the policeman at this junction of New Road, Bridge Gate, Holme Street and West End. The building of the corner on the left was for many years Blackburn's Ironmongers. The house next to the pharmacy is Westbourne House and…

West End, Hebden Bridge - ALC09044
This floral arrangement hung from the centre of the arch built to celebrate the coronation of King George V and Queen Mary in 1911.

Heptonstall Church - ALC09039
This church was built at a cost of £7,000. The new church was consecrated on 26th October 1854 by Bishop Longley of Ripon and dedicated to St Thomas the Apostle.

The Colden Valley - ALC09035
Alice Longstaff walking down the footpath to Salt Pie Farm. Rodmer Clough Farm is on the other side of the valley and on the skyline Scotland and Greenland farms can be seen.

Hebden Bridge Agricultural Show - ALC09034
Taking place on Calder Holmes.

Postcard of Mytholmroyd - ALC09032
Multi view postcard of the Mytholmroyd area, includes Cragg Road, the "new" road through Cragg Vale.

Hathershelf, showing Scout Rocks and the houses to the south of Scout Road.

Cragg Road (right) the large building the Old Vicarage.

Parrock…

Gibson Mill - ALC09029
Gibson Mill, built in around 1800, is situated within Hardcastle Crags woodland beside Hebden Water. It was one of the first mills of the Industrial Revolution. The mill was driven by a water wheel and produced cotton cloth up until 1890. In 1833,…

Lumb Falls, Hardcastle Crags - ALC09028
The Outdoor Swimming Society lists the plunge pool at Lumb Falls in the top ten places in the UK for wild swimming.

Mill Interior - ALC09026
Sewing shop decorated for the 1911 Coronation.

Blackshaw Head Methodist Chapel - ALC09025
Blackshawhead Chapel was built in 1815 by the Methodists of nearby Heptonstall to serve this hilltop village.

The Chapel was extended a few years later by the addition of a Sunday School, which for many years was the only form of education…

Looking towards Towngate, Heptonstall - ALC09021
The building on the right is Royds Farm.

Heptonstall Churches - ALC09018
Heptonstall has two churches within one graveyard. Although not unique, there is another instance at Alvingham in Lincolnshire, this is unusual. At the centre of the village are the ruins of the Church of St Thomas à Becket built between 1256 and…
View all 771 items

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>

Collection Tree