Dianne Harwood collection


Dianne Harwood collection


Various Colour and B&W photos dating from 1953 to 1995


Dianne Harwood


1953 - 1995


Copyright (c) 2006-2017 Pennine Horizons Digital Archive



Collection Items

Acre Mill, Old town - DAH00217
The Hare and Hounds Inn is in the foreground and Acre Mill in the background. The mill was originally built as a textile mill but was taken over by Cape Asbestos in 1939. The company moved to Westmorland in the 1970s leaving a legacy of crippling…

Eaves Edge and Heptonstall Rocks - DAH00216
Taken from Badger Lane, Blackshaw Head

Hebden Bridge, 1905 - DAH00215
The tram terminus. The building on the left is on the corner of Holme Street. The shop bearing the name Spencer & Nicholl was later demolished to widen the junction with Bridge Gate. Queens Terrace is towards the top of the picture.

Ladyroyd School, Shackleton Hill - DAH00213
Lady Royd School
The smallest School in England!

Shackleton Hill
Madge McGuire
(former headmistress)
Recalled in 1988

*Comments, and slight differences of opinion written in by Joyce, and agreed by the other pupils: Glyn, Charlie and…

Stubbings School, c1931 - DAH00211
Can anybody identify any of the children?

Summit Tunnel 150 years Celebration, 1991 - DAH00206
Summit Tunnel is one of the world's oldest railway tunnels. It was constructed between 1838 and 1841 by the Manchester and Leeds Railway Company to provide a direct line between Leeds and Manchester. When built, Summit Tunnel was the longest railway…

Empress Foundry, Mytholmroyd, 1950 - DAH00204
Ministry of Agriculture repairs depot.

Royal Fold, Mytholmroyd - DAH00200
Looking down New Road. The railway station building is on the right above the roofs of Royal Fold.

Football Trophy Winners, 1920/21 - DAH00194
Front row, third from right, small boy with white collar is Donald Sunderland

William Acrid - DAH00192
Brother of Amy
View all 81 items


Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>

Collection Tree

  • Dianne Harwood collection