Browse Items (45 total)

  • Tags: Luddendenfoot

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM01194.jpg
Former General Rawden and Coach & Horses

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/PNH00817.jpg
PNH00817. October 1974. Rochdale Canal at the rear of buildings on Burnley Road.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TWA00147.jpg
Bridge over Canal, Luddendenfoot

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DEF00132.jpg
Between Mytholmroyd and Luddendenfoot.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00153.jpg
Postcard with October 1904 postmark. A busy small industrial village at the time this photo was taken, but all the mills have now gone. On the hillside is Brearley House built in 1841 and not to be confused with the older nearby Brearley Hall. The…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/WAO00152.jpg
Postcard date stamped October 1908. Looking down the valley towards Luddendenfoot. In the foreground is the Rochdale Canal and behind it the River Calder. Beyond on the right hillside the spire of Luddendenfoot Church which was demolished in 1980, as…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00468.jpg
Lloyd Greenwood is on the right with two platform staff in LMS days outside the small Booking Office.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00456.jpg
View from the north hillside across Station Road to the coal drops and the goods yard. Date unknown but the station closed in 1962 and the goods yard in 1965. The only evidence there once was a station here is in the name 'Station Road'.

The parish…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00190.jpg
LYRS60 The site is now mixed use but the stone gate pillars remain but not in their original position and a distance apart. Note the Victorian postbox in the wall.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00195.jpg
LYRS 6066 - 1963. Road overbridge (iron girders on stone abutments) between Mytholmroyd & Luddendenfoot.

The long building seen behind the bridge was formally a mill, but was later occupied by Kenneth Watson, who used it as a hatchery for parent…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00194.jpg
LYRS6089. 1963. Disused horse drawn dray belonging to F&H Sutcliffe of Wood Top, Hebden Bridge in the station yard which by then was closed.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00192.jpg
LYRS6084. 1963. The now demolished coal drops at the top of Station Road following closure of the station.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00189.jpg
LYRS5047n. The Signal Box and siding to the east of the Station below the Congregational Church on Burnley Road.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00188.jpg
LYRS60286. 1963 and the then recently closed Goods Shed, now demolished, looking up the line towards Mytholmroyd from the road overbridge. Part of the 'up' platform just visible on the left.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00187.jpg
LYRS6074. 1963 the Goods Shed and crane after closure of the station the previous year.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/LYR00186.jpg
LYRS 6092 - 1963. Gas lamp outside the Booking Office looking down Station Road a year after the station had closed.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2