<<< Back

Title: Bradford Forster Square c.1914 - DNT00214

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00214.jpg
Click on the photo to enlarge. Click here to Comment
To license a hi-res version of this image or order a print: Copy the full title, including the number and quote this when contacting us. Not all images are available to license or print.

Title

Bradford Forster Square c.1914 - DNT00214

Description

In the centre the single storey entrance to the Midland Market Street Station which had been rebuilt and enlarged in 1890 largely to accommodate the increased traffic from the MR’s recently completed independent Anglo Scottish line, the Settle--Carlisle. The station was renamed Forster Square by the LMS in 1924. Above and to its left is the imposing Midland Hotel which was also completed in 1890; today only its corner block survives, the station entrance has gone and the Square is unrecognisable from the view seen here.

Creator

Unknown

Source

David Taylor

Rights

PHDA - David Taylor Collection

Citation

Unknown, “Bradford Forster Square c.1914 - DNT00214,” Pennine Horizons Digital Archive, accessed July 18, 2024, https://penninehorizons.org/items/show/32254.

Output Formats

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>