Browse Items (9 total)

  • Tags: Cross_Stone

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00419.jpg
The lintel of the old St Paul's Church dated1619. That church was replaced 1717 and that in turn was replaced in 1833. The lintel now re-used in a private house near Castle Hill School.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00418.jpg
The Chapel of Cross Stone or Crostone takes its name from a fragment of an 11th century cross found in the wall of a barn. Situated in the Township of Stansfield, it was part of the Heptonstall parish, but due to the size of the area covered, a sub…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2