<<< Back

Title: Wellington Station Leeds - DNT00129

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00129.jpg
Click on the photo to enlarge. Click here to Comment
To license a hi-res version of this image or order a print: Copy the full title, including the number and quote this when contacting us. Not all images are available to license or print.

Title

Wellington Station Leeds - DNT00129

Description

Built by the Midland Railway in 1846, with subsequent re-builds, it was the first station in Leeds centre. Up until the building of New Station in 1869 it was shared by the London & North Western Railway but thereafter it was used exclusively by the Midland. Seen here late 19th or early 20th century and at the end of the platforms is the Booking Hall which was replaced in 1938 with the great art deco concourse we still see today. The station closed in 1967 and today the site is the station car park.

Creator

Unknown

Source

David Taylor

Rights

PHDA - David Taylor Collection

Relation

Pennine Horizons Digital Archive

Identifier

DNT00263.tif

Citation

Unknown, “Wellington Station Leeds - DNT00129,” Pennine Horizons Digital Archive, accessed April 14, 2024, https://penninehorizons.org/items/show/32171.

Output Formats

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>