<<< Back

Title: New Station, Leeds - DNT00133

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00133.jpg
Click on the photo to enlarge. Click here to Comment
To license a hi-res version of this image or order a print: Copy the full title, including the number and quote this when contacting us. Not all images are available to license or print.

Title

New Station, Leeds - DNT00133

Description

A North Eastern Railway Leeds to Edinburgh service about to depart for York from New Station. The roof sign with its back to the station advertising Waddington Pianos was on New Station Street, off Boar Lane, which was the access to the station from the city up until 1938 when the great Art Deco concourse we see today was built. In the mid-1930s the station was re-named Leeds City South, usually just known as City Station. Today as the only station in the city centre, and completely re-built, it is just Leeds Station.

Creator

Unknown

Source

David Taylor

Rights

PHDA - David Taylor Collection

Relation

Pennine Horizons Digital Archive

Identifier

DNT00267.tif

Citation

Unknown, “New Station, Leeds - DNT00133,” Pennine Horizons Digital Archive, accessed April 14, 2024, https://penninehorizons.org/items/show/32175.

Output Formats

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>