<<< Back

Title: Bradford Exchange Station - DNT00219

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00219.jpg
Click on the photo to enlarge. Click here to Comment
To license a hi-res version of this image or order a print: Copy the full title, including the number and quote this when contacting us. Not all images are available to license or print.

Title

Bradford Exchange Station - DNT00219

Description

A terminus station seen here after the introduction of DMUs so probably about 1960. The first station on the site was built in 1850 and operated by the L&YR but the impressive double vaulted train shed seen here dates from 1888 when the station was rebuilt to accommodate both the L&YR and the GNR. There were 10 platforms, five for the L&YR and five for the GNR. The station was demolished in 1972 and replaced some 50 metres to the south with an integrated bus/rail interchange. The main services today are between Leeds and Manchester Victoria with York and Blackpool North plus a Grand Central London service.

Creator

Unknown

Source

David Taylor

Rights

PHDA - David Taylor Collection

Citation

Unknown, “Bradford Exchange Station - DNT00219,” Pennine Horizons Digital Archive, accessed July 16, 2024, https://penninehorizons.org/items/show/32259.

Output Formats

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>