<<< Back

Title: Healey House Station. L&YR Meltham Branch - DNT00291

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00291.jpg
Click on the photo to enlarge. Click here to Comment
To license a hi-res version of this image or order a print: Copy the full title, including the number and quote this when contacting us. Not all images are available to license or print.

Title

Healey House Station. L&YR Meltham Branch - DNT00291

Description

The station, seen here in 1910, is named after the nearby large late 18th century house of that name. Reputedly the station was built to serve close-by Crosland Mill and reputedly was also used by the occupiers of Healey House and Crosland Hall for private trains to take them for their annual grouse shooting in Scotland.



Like the other two stations on the single track 31/2 mile Branch it opened for passengers in 1869 and closing in 1949. The line fully closed in 1965.

Rights

PHDA _ David Taylor Collection

Relation

Pennine Horizons Digital Archive

Identifier

DNT00291.jpg

Citation

“Healey House Station. L&YR Meltham Branch - DNT00291,” Pennine Horizons Digital Archive, accessed December 2, 2022, https://penninehorizons.org/items/show/36675.

Output Formats

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>