Title: Shepley & Shelley Station c.1900. L&YR Huddersfield – Penistone Line - DNT00299
Click on the photo to enlarge. Click here to Comment
To license a hi-res version of this image or order a print: Copy the full title, including the number and quote this when contacting us. Not all images are available to license or print.
Shepley & Shelley Station c.1900. L&YR Huddersfield – Penistone Line - DNT00299
Serving the villages of Shepley and Shelley it opened, like other intermediate stations, with the line in 1850. Only one platform is seen here as its staggered platforms were separated by a road overbridge to the right of the photo. The station survived the Beeching cuts of the 1960s but was de-staffed in 1966 and the buildings subsequently demolished. In 1989 the line was largely reduced to single track but remains double track through the station here. It has been renamed ‘Shelley’.
PHDA _ David Taylor Collection
Pennine Horizons Digital Archive
“Shepley & Shelley Station c.1900. L&YR Huddersfield – Penistone Line - DNT00299,” Pennine Horizons Digital Archive, accessed February 24, 2024, https://penninehorizons.org/items/show/36683.