Browse Items (6 total)

  • Tags: Pub sign
The old inn at the bottom of the Buttress next to the Old Bridge prior to demolition and replacement in 1899 with the building we see today.
The "White Lion" was orginally built as a private residence for the King family around 1657, and was known as Kings Farm. It became a pub and posting house in the mid 1700's. It is reported that the composer F Liszt stayed there in 1840. The pub had…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2