Browse Items (715 total)

  • Tags: Retail

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM01212.jpg
A building that has had several names. Originally the Liberal Rooms, it has been the home of Hebden Bridge Sports and Social Club, Crown House Hotel, Greenwood Inn, currently (2020) the Crown Inn.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM01191.jpg
The upper floors are now apartments Originally the building was the Hebden Bridge Co-op Department Store.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/PNH01339.jpg
Shop at Mytholmroyd recently occupied by JMD Hardware.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/PNH00812.jpg
PNH00812. March 1998. Ready for a flood - shop doors protected by sandbags!

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/PNH00794.jpg
Seen here about 1990 it was built by the Hebden Bridge Co-Operative Society in 1876, the date visible to the right of the inscription, and was extended round the corner a few years later. The Co-op closed in the late 1960s and the ground floor sold…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/PNH00793.jpg
Seen here about 1990 it was built by the Hebden Bridge Co-Operative Society in 1876 and was extended round the corner a few years later. The Co-op closed in the late 1960s and the ground floor sold off as shops and the upper floors became the Carlton…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/PNH00792.jpg
Seen here about 1990 it was built by the Hebden Bridge Co-Operative Society in 1876 and was extended round the corner a few years later. The Co-op closed in the late 1960s and the ground floor sold off as shops and the upper floors became the Carlton…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/PNH00791.jpg
The former Hebden Bridge Co-Operative Society central building. It opened in 1876 and was extended, including the clock tower, a few years later. The Co-op closed in the late 1960s and the ground floor sold off as shops and the upper floors became…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/PNH00773.jpg
Farrar's dress shop at the corner of Market Street and Old Gate. Mr Farrar had a daughter Mary.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/PNH00772.jpg
Farrar's dress shop at the corner of Market Street and Old Gate. It became a house, then the Inn On The Bridge untill January 2011, then it re-opened as The Old Gate following refurbishment after the floods of 2012.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/PNH00770.jpg
Looking up Market Strret towards Bridge Lanes with Breck Mill at the top. Date unknown but probably 1950s.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/PNH00746.jpg
Delivery van of Robertshaws of Mytholmroyd. note the telephone number!

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/PNH00220.jpg
The shop was situated on Bridge Gate, and always contained wonderful flower arrangements.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00708.jpg
The cottages nearest the mill were demolished to make way for a loading bay.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2