Browse Items (22 total)

  • Tags: Text
The former Ebenezer Chapel on Market Street, Hebden Bridge. The Latin inscription on the sun dial reads "What thou seekest is a shadow". The Hebden Bridge Times moved out many years ago to Crown Street and now no longer have an office in the town!
The shops on the left of the picture have since been demolished and the area is now a car park, but planted areas being created here are still in use. David Fletcher is pictured wearing a knitted sweater.
The former Royal Oak on the right, now residential, and the White lion on the left as of 2015 vacant and for sale.
Photo taken 1976 when Innovation relocated from 6-8 St Georges Square to the mill.
Shop on the corner of St George's Square and Crown Street.

Originally built by Hebden Bridge Co-operative Society with the water tank above to also serve the main retail and social facilities on the other side of Crown Street. The water tank has…
A reunion took place in October 2001 for all the Year One pupils in 1945.
Details of programme for 'Uncle Tom's Cabin' 1883
Programme from a production at the Theatre Royal in 1883. Note the 'Distinguished Patronage and Presence of John Fielden' of Dobroyd Castle. Also, the addresses of the distinguished persons!
Sam Moore, Commercial Traveller for the Hebden Bridge Fustian Manufacturing Co-operative Society Ltd, standing beside an exhibition stand that was taken all over to shows and exhibitions. The stand took to pieces for ease of transportation.
The former worsted mill was severely damaged by fire in February 1989 with the six storey mill on the right beyond the first bridge totally gutted. This has been sympathetically replaced by an apartment block and the whole mill complex is now…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2