Browse Items (12 total)

  • Tags: Waterside
The Great Wall of Todmorden viewed from Shoebroad. Fielden Square is bottom right and Waterside Mill to the left.
Originally a Fielden Bros warehouse, also used for offices and a factory school, it was later sold to Todmorden Council for use as a technical school and fire station.
The canal and tow path with Waterside Mill to the left. Now the site of Morrison's supermarket.
The building in the foreground has since been renovated and is now Waterside Lodge nursing home, across the road from Morrisons on Rochdale Road.
Demolition of the mill on Rochdale Road with the Unitarian Church steeple in the background.
The Co-op weaving shed is on the right. In 1919 the fustian weavers co-operative at Nutclough Mill was acquired by the Co-operative Wholesale Society (CWS) but in 1967 the mill closed and the business transferred to Hebden Works seen here.

This was just at the time the new Fire Station was built on Stansfield Road. Scanned from photograph
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2