Title: Hebden Bridge - Ebenezer Chapel About 1860 - HLS05059
Click on the photo to enlarge. Click here to Comment
To license a hi-res version of this image or order a print: Copy the full title, including the number and quote this when contacting us. Not all images are available to license or print.
Hebden Bridge - Ebenezer Chapel About 1860 - HLS05059
Ebenezer Particular Baptist Chapel, or Meeting House, was opened by John Fawcett in 1777. In 1858 it became the Sunday School for Hope Baptist Chapel and when a larger Sunday School was opened there in 1873 it was first leased and then sold becoming the offices of the Hebden Bridge Times. Today the central block is an Arts Centre and the lefthand part offices but the windows and door altered. Smiths shop is now the Organic House Cafe.
Hebden Bridge Local History Society
PHDA - Hebden Bridge Local History Society
Pennine Horizons Digital Archive
“Hebden Bridge - Ebenezer Chapel About 1860 - HLS05059,” Pennine Horizons Digital Archive, accessed February 24, 2024, https://penninehorizons.org/items/show/29096.