<<< Back

Title: Bingley First Station - DNT00179

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00179.jpg
Click on the photo to enlarge. Click here to Comment
To license a hi-res version of this image or order a print: Copy the full title, including the number and quote this when contacting us. Not all images are available to license or print.

Title

Bingley First Station - DNT00179

Description

The station on the Leeds & Bradford Extension Railway between Shipley and Colne opened at the same time as the section of the line between Shipley and Keighley in March 1847. The station on its last day as seen here was near the Bingley Three Rise Locks on the Leeds & Liverpool Canal and was closed by the MR in 1892 when the present station was opened nearer to the town centre.

Creator

Unknown

Source

David Taylor

Rights

PHDA - David Taylor Collection

Citation

Unknown, “Bingley First Station - DNT00179,” Pennine Horizons Digital Archive, accessed June 20, 2024, https://penninehorizons.org/items/show/32219.

Output Formats

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>