<<< Back

Title: Bolon Abbey Station - DNT00196

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00196.jpg
Click on the photo to enlarge. Click here to Comment
To license a hi-res version of this image or order a print: Copy the full title, including the number and quote this when contacting us. Not all images are available to license or print.

Title

Bolon Abbey Station - DNT00196

Description

An intermediate station on the MR’s Ilkley – Skipton line it opened with the line in 1888. The great popularity of Bolton Abbey made it a very busy station particularly in summer with excursion trains of several railway companies; it was also the terminus for the royal train during the reign of George V when he came to Bolton Hall to stay with the Duke of Devonshire for shooting. The station closed with the line in 1965 and the buildings fell into a state of dereliction

The site has subsequently been acquired by the Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway - www.embsayboltonabbeyrailway.org.uk

Creator

Unknown

Source

David Taylor

Rights

PHDA - David Taylor Collection

Citation

Unknown, “Bolon Abbey Station - DNT00196,” Pennine Horizons Digital Archive, accessed July 18, 2024, https://penninehorizons.org/items/show/32236.

Output Formats

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>