Title: Lockwood Station. L&YR Huddersfield – Penistone Line - DNT00289
Click on the photo to enlarge. Click here to Comment
To license a hi-res version of this image or order a print: Copy the full title, including the number and quote this when contacting us. Not all images are available to license or print.
Lockwood Station. L&YR Huddersfield – Penistone Line - DNT00289
Lockwood was the first station out of Huddersfield on the Penistone Line and opened at the same time as the line in 1850, seen here early 20th century looking north in the Huddersfield direction. South of the station was the junction for the 31/2 mile Meltham Branch (1868-1965) and south of the junction the impressive 122ft high 32 arched Lockwood Viaduct strides across the Holme Valley.
PHDA _ David Taylor Collection
Pennine Horizons Digital Archive
“Lockwood Station. L&YR Huddersfield – Penistone Line - DNT00289,” Pennine Horizons Digital Archive, accessed December 2, 2022, https://penninehorizons.org/items/show/36673.