Title: Micklehurst Station. LNWR - DNT00288
Click on the photo to enlarge. Click here to Comment
To license a hi-res version of this image or order a print: Copy the full title, including the number and quote this when contacting us. Not all images are available to license or print.
Micklehurst Station. LNWR - DNT00288
When the line was increased from two to four tracks in the late 1880s there wasn’t room to expand alongside the existing double track west of Standedge Tunnels and instead a loop line was constructed between Diggle and Stalybridge stations. Micklehurst Station was one of four stations on the 63/4 mile loop and opened in 1886 but was closed to passengers in 1907. A separate good station remained open until 1962 and the Loop closed on 7 September 1964. The station building seen here was converted into a private house.
PHDA _ David Taylor Collection
Pennine Horizons Digital Archive
“Micklehurst Station. LNWR - DNT00288,” Pennine Horizons Digital Archive, accessed December 2, 2022, https://penninehorizons.org/items/show/36672.