<<< Back

Title: Delph Station. LNWR Delph Branch - DNT00287

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00287.jpg
Click on the photo to enlarge. Click here to Comment
To license a hi-res version of this image or order a print: Copy the full title, including the number and quote this when contacting us. Not all images are available to license or print.

Title

Delph Station. LNWR Delph Branch - DNT00287

Description

One of several stations in the civil parish of Saddleworth which, although on the western slopes of the South Pennines, was in the West Riding of Yorkshire up until local government re-organisation in 1974 when it passed to Greater Manchester.



The branch to Delph left the Huddersfield – Manchester line south of Saddleworth Station. It had opened in 1851 and was closed in 1955 to passenger traffic but it continued to handle freight until 1963. The station building was converted into a private house.



Seen here at an unknown date but seemingly prior to withdrawal of passenger traffic in 1955 with a rake of goods wagons on a siding to the front of the passenger platform.

Rights

PHDA _ David Taylor Collection

Relation

Pennine Horizons Digital Archive

Identifier

DNT00287.jpg

Citation

“Delph Station. LNWR Delph Branch - DNT00287,” Pennine Horizons Digital Archive, accessed December 2, 2022, https://penninehorizons.org/items/show/36671.

Output Formats

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>