Title: Burton Agnes Hall, Twelfth Century Crypt Adjoining Hall - HLS05708
Click on the photo to enlarge. Click here to Comment
To license a hi-res version of this image or order a print: Copy the full title, including the number and quote this when contacting us. Not all images are available to license or print.
Burton Agnes Hall, Twelfth Century Crypt Adjoining Hall - HLS05708
Architecture, Buildings, Hall
Slide 3 - The earliest remains of domestic architecture here are in a building immediately to the west of the Hall, the basement of which is vaulted on cylindrical piers, with volute Capitals, of the Transitional Period (about C. 1170), and is probably the work of Roger de Stuteville, one of the early owners of Burton.
Hebden Bridge Literary & Scientific Society
1905 , 1900s
PHDA - Hebden Bridge Local History Society
George Hepworth, “Burton Agnes Hall, Twelfth Century Crypt Adjoining Hall - HLS05708,” Pennine Horizons Digital Archive, accessed December 18, 2018, http://penninehorizons.org/items/show/7104.