<<< Back

Title: Shipley & Windhill Station - DNT00224

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00224.jpg
Click on the photo to enlarge. Click here to Comment
To license a hi-res version of this image or order a print: Copy the full title, including the number and quote this when contacting us. Not all images are available to license or print.

Title

Shipley & Windhill Station - DNT00224

Description

The station, which had been known as Shipley Bridge Street, was the terminus of a loop line built by the GNR from Laisterdyke opening in 1875 with intermediate stations at Eccleshill, Idle and Thackley The station closed to passengers in 1931 and to goods in 1964 and the line finally closed over its whole length in1968.

Creator

Unknown

Source

David Taylor

Rights

PHDA - David Taylor Collection

Citation

Unknown, “Shipley & Windhill Station - DNT00224,” Pennine Horizons Digital Archive, accessed April 22, 2024, https://penninehorizons.org/items/show/32264.

Output Formats

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>