<<< Back

Title: Laisterdyke Station, Bradford - DNT00231

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00231.jpg
Click on the photo to enlarge. Click here to Comment
To license a hi-res version of this image or order a print: Copy the full title, including the number and quote this when contacting us. Not all images are available to license or print.

Title

Laisterdyke Station, Bradford - DNT00231

Description

On the ‘short line’ between Bradford & Leeds, built by the Leeds Bradford & Halifax Junction Railway, which opened in 1854 and was operated from the start by the Great Northern Railway who subsequently acquired it. The station opened with the line 1854 and was closed in 1966. It was a junction station as Leeds traffic from Halifax and the west avoiding Bradford on the Bowling curve joined the Bradford- Leeds line here and also just east of the station the Bradford-Wakefield Westgate line branched off, both those lines now long closed.

Creator

Unknown

Source

David Taylor

Rights

PHDA - David Taylor Collection

Citation

Unknown, “Laisterdyke Station, Bradford - DNT00231,” Pennine Horizons Digital Archive, accessed April 22, 2024, https://penninehorizons.org/items/show/32271.

Output Formats

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>