Browse Items (54 total)

  • Tags: Parks
The mansion, a Grade 11 listed building, was sold by Colonel Akroyd to Halifax Corporation in 1887. It now forms Bankfield branch library and museum.
Situated in West View Park, Warley Road, Halifax. A proud soldier dressed in the uniform of an officer in the Boer War with binoculars in one hand and holding a rifle in the other. The bronze statue sculptured by Benjamin Shepherd of Chelsea tops the…
Burnley Road opposite Centre Vale Park, the park entrance can be seen on far left.
The roundabout on the top right is Bull Green, and People's Park towards bottom left. Ref 415430
Looking across over Pallis House, centre bottom, with St Thomas RC Church and presbytery next to it. Date unknown but not a car to be seen but what appear to be open top trams on New Road which would date it pre- First World War.
Holmes Park and Recreation Ground on the left.
Postcard with August 1915 postmark. Along the bottom are the terraced houses on Calder Bank, now long demolished, and to their left the small two storey Hebble End Dyeworks later enlarged and now (2015) apartments
Bowling green and pavilion and above the trees the gable end of the large Station Warehouse demolished following a fire in 1969. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive
Probably mid-1960s. On the left the top of the gas holder on Station Road. The boys fishing in the Rochdale Canal with the overgrown canal arm just beyond the bridge; it was converted into the Marina in about 1984. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local…
Looking down stream. On the left fence and trees on Calder Holmes with the gas holder on Station Road. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive
Bottom right Calder Holmes with part of Crossley Mill, destroyed by fire 1964. At the bottom St Thomas's Catholic Church and Presbytery. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive
In the centre Stubbing Holme Dyeworks and to the right housing under construction on Stubbing Holmes. Up the valley Whiteley Arches and Calderside Mill. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive
The mansion in Centre Vale Park was once home to 'Honest' John Fielden who bought the estate in 1842. The estate was given to Todmorden Borough Council in about 1900 and opened as a public park in 1912. During the First World War it was used as a…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2