Browse Items (25 total)

  • Tags: Datestone
Decorated stone plaque with initials and date IM 1766.
The date above the right hand window is 1770.
August 1954. This is now in the Chantry House, Heptonstall.
Grade II

Barn. Initialled and dated "IMFX 1707" but raised, and west end rebuilt C19. Thin coursed rubble unmortared with rough dressed quoins, stone slate roof. North elevation follows road alignment. Square headed cart entry with quoined jambs and…
Doorway showing 1672 date stone on the ruins of Strait Hey Farm, below London Road, Lumbutts.
This is now in the Chantry House, Heptonstall. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive
The stone on the Old Bridge reads 'repaired by help John Grewod sessions 1602'
This stone is above the arched barn at Great Burlees Farm. It is believed that WMC stands for William and Mary Cockroft.
Unusually placed date stone. The initials are for Isaac Rawdon.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2