Browse Items (48 total)

  • Tags: Lumbutts

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00974.jpg
Two of the mill dams for Lumbutts Mill are in the frground and also Lumbuts Chapel.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00459.jpg
A Chapel was built in 1837 by a breakaway group from Mankinholes Chapel but as the congregation grew it was demolished and replaced by this larger building in 1877. The Chapel remains open as at 2015.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/JNB00517.jpg
Featured in Remains of Elmet, which contained poems by Ted Hughes.

An excellent view of Foster Mill

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/MCH00173.jpg
Lumbutts Methodist Church to the left hand side of the photo, with Stoodley Pike to the horizon on the right hand corner. The chapel was built in 1860 - 1870. In the foreground is Lee Dam, which was one of three dams which powered Lumbutts Mill.…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00286.jpg
Situated on Lumbutts Road it is now a traditional country pub.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00285.jpg
Causey, or Causeway, Wood Dam in Lumbutts Clough with Causeywood Mill, or Folly Mill.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00284.jpg
Off the road from Todmorden at Knowl Wood to Lumbutts. Between Shepherds Rest and Swineshead. There used to be a fair held here.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CRN00209.jpg
Doorway showing 1672 date stone on the ruins of Strait Hey Farm, below London Road, Lumbutts.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CRN00215.jpg
Stansfield Villa & Butts Lane Area From London Road, Lumbutts

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/CRN00212.jpg
From London Road, Lumbutts. Height Gate Farm is to the left of the picture.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2