Browse Items (5 total)

  • Tags: Mytholm Mill
The steel bow string bridge was designed by George Stephenson and was one of the earliest of its type. He was employed by Manchester & Leeds Railway when the line was built in the late 1830's. The line was opened in October 1840 except for the…
Date unknown. In the centre the engineering works of Pickles, later Browns, and now demolished. The Parish Church of St James to the right was built in 1832, and to the right of that is Mytholm Hall.
c. 1900 view across Mytholm looking up Colden Valley. On the right Mytholm Hall with St James Church behind. The hall was demolished late 1960s and replaced with accommodation for the elderly. Above the church are Eaves Lower and Upper Mills…
Looking across Mytholm to the Steeps up to Blackshawhead. In the foreground the canal and towpath and centre right Mytholm Hall is just visible. In the foreground Stubbings Holme Dyeworks and above it Brown's factory, both now long gone.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2