Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: Blackshaw Chapel

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/KST00541.jpg
Looking across to the road to Blackshaw. Centre of the picture is the roof of the New Delight Inn with #high Street just beyond it, to the right up the hill is Murgatshaw Farm just before Shay bend.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC09025.jpg
Blackshawhead Chapel was built in 1815 by the Methodists of nearby Heptonstall to serve this hilltop village.

The Chapel was extended a few years later by the addition of a Sunday School, which for many years was the only form of education…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2