Looking across over Pallis House, centre bottom, with St Thomas RC Church and presbytery next to it. Date unknown but not a car to be seen but what appear to be open top trams on New Road which would date it pre- First World War.
View from the south hillside up Hebden Dale. At the bottom St Thomas's Catholic Church and to its right Pallis House and to the left above the terraces Riverside School, 1909. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive
ALC00408. Centre foreground the Catholic Church of St Thomas of Canterbury, opened 1896 and next to it Pallis or by then Palace House. Above the Church is a tram on New Road. The Halifax Corporation trams reached Hebden Bridge in 1901.
General view from Fairfield c.1880. In the centre is Pallis or Pallisser House; the pallisser was responsible for looking after the fence around the medieval deer park. The blur of white is smoke or steam from a train in the cutting. Centre right the…