LYRS 3523 - Road overbridge on the 'Copy Pit' line with a newly-built extension arch to accommodate a loop line; the contractor's wagons still there. The bridge near the Lancashire and Yorkshire county boundary is also known as Dean Farm Bridge as…
LYRS 2955b - General view from the hill side. The station opened in 1849 and closed to passengers in 1958 and to goods in 1963. The road name, Station Approach, is the only indicator to its once existence but the level crossing is still there.
NAME: CARRFIELD MILL
REF: CD 58
GRID REF: 902 261
CONDITION: Mostly Disappeared
APPROX DATE OF SITE AND BUILDINGS: Mid-late 19C
DESCRIPTION/HISTORY: High up the Calder Valley, this was a large cotton…