Browse Items (7 total)

  • Tags: Stubbings Hillside
Looking over to Keighley Road with its large retaining wall and top right St John's Church on the Stubbings hillside. Part of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society Archive
View across the town late 19th or early 20th century prior to the building of Riverside School in 1908. Bottom right is Central School following enlargement in 1895. Looking up the river beyond the second bridge the Council Offices built in 1897/8.…
General view across to the Stubbings hillside. Centre left the Board School which opened in 1878 and along from it the partially constructed Zion Particular Baptist Chapel which was constructed in 1881 and opened for worship in 1882.

Centre right…
This photograph was taken in the closing years of the 19th century or the beginning of the 20th. The Rochdale Canal running from the bottom to the top right makes a useful guide to the town as it was then. The road over the narrow bridge at the…
View from Moss Lane probably early 1890s. On the hillside on the left the Stubbings estate built during the 1880s and climbing up the hill Cliffe Street and above that Blenheim Street. Nutclough Mill has extensions to left and right.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2