Browse Items (5240 total)

  • Tags: People

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS01459.jpg
Also known as Shurcrack - a place for recreation and pleasure. Drinks provided - just take your own food!

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00299.jpg
Serving the villages of Shepley and Shelley it opened, like other intermediate stations, with the line in 1850. Only one platform is seen here as its staggered platforms were separated by a road overbridge to the right of the photo. The station…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00294.jpg
The two sculptures, seen here early 1900s, both show trains leaving a tunnel. The first sculpture, seen here in the top right hand corner, was carved by local sculptor Thomas Stocks in about 1866 depicting a train of four wheeled coaches. The second…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/DNT00290.jpg
The single track 31/2 mile Meltham Branch left the Huddersfield – Penistone Line from a junction south of Lockwood station opening to goods traffic in 1868 and to passengers the following year with a station at Netherton. The station is seen here…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RAC00118.jpg
See Robert Hayhurst collection RAC1965.005 this is an old photo of the top section of the Mankinholes Cross assemblage DFS

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RAC00117.jpg
Members of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society pictured with the successfully re-erected Te Teum Stone, 26th May 1956.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RAC00116.jpg
Members of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society working on the re-erection of the Te Teum Stone, 26th May 1956.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RAC00114.jpg
Members of Hebden Bridge Local History Society are about to raise the sunken stone. 26th May 1956. L-R. Frank Horsfall, William Greenwood, Keith Newbitt, Peter Greenwood, Edward Watson, Mr Moses, Bod Gledhill and Harry Lord.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RAC00113.jpg
Members of the Hebden Bridge Local History Society pictured with the successfully re-erected Te Teum Stone, 26th May 1956.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RAC00108.jpg
Taken from the top of the St Michael's Church Tower looking towards Hebden Bridge. The Dusty Miller public house can be seen on the right.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/STG00108.jpg
Back row—Michael Brown, Paul or Andrew Lathwell, Daniel Ingham, ___, Simon Darke, ___,___. Front row—Philip Law, Mark? Dixon, Karl Boggis, Simon Warrington, Andrew Downes,

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/STG00107.jpg
Edwin Trowell, Jacita Laws, John Walton, John Morgan, Stuart Greenwood, Michael Dixon.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/STG00106.jpg
Back row--___,___,___, Raymond Hall, Alan Greenwood, Geoffrey Lomas, Donald Gibson, Raymond Eccles, Stuart Greenwood, David Walton, Philip Wheelwright, David Greenwood. Middle row—Roy Lever, ___,___Bob Edmonson, Fred Wilcock, Norman Wilcock, Peter…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/STG00105.jpg
Back row—Stuart Greenwood, Geoffrey Lomas, Robert Ingham, Donald Gibson, Barry Wheelwright? Middle row—Bob Edmondson, Edmond Barker, Alan Greenwood, Raymond Eccles, Philip Wheelwright, David Walton. Front row--___, ___, Peter Veevers, Norman…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/STG00103.jpg
Mary Greenwood, Annie Greenwood, Polly Kenyon, Emily Stell

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/STG00104.jpg
Fitting new uniform to Michael Hargreaves by Norman Wilcock (Captain).
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2