Browse Items (1665 total)

  • Tags: Toddler

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05074.jpg
West End at the junction with Bridge Gate, left, and New Road, right. Chambers shop on the right later becomes Blackburn Ironmongers and Greaves Draper and Hosiery was later Z Spence florist who later moved to the corner of New Road and Crown…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HLS05073.jpg
West End at the junction with Bridge Gate, left, and New Road, right. Chambers shop on the right later becomes Blackburn Ironmongers and Greaves Draper and Hosiery was later Z Spence florist who later moved to the corner of New Road and Crown…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM00500.jpg
The timber bridge which gave its name to the town probably stood a little further upstream than the present stone structure which dates from about 1510. Legacies financed the construction: for example, James Grenewode of Wadsworth left 3s. 4d to the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/BIM00500.jpg
The timber bridge which gave its name to the town probably stood a little further upstream than the present stone structure which dates from about 1510. Legacies financed the construction: for example, James Grenewode of Wadsworth left 3s. 4d to the…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00240.jpg
Donated by Denise Ramsden

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00126.jpg
Mytholm Church School, Hebden Bridge, also known as Hebden Bridge National School, St James Day School and St James School, Hebden Bridge. The need for a school was prompted by Rev George Sowden. It was built by subscription. The corner-stone was…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/HCC00125.jpg
St. James, Parish Church of Hebden Bridge School. Angels from L to R: John Buckley, Joan Crabtree, Kathleen Hey, Beryl Stocks, June Fielding, Lily Bolton, not known, Gillian Uttley, Derek McMahon. Three Kings L to R: Kenneth Hawks, Gordon Smith,…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00180.jpg
Previously based at Millwood, the congregation moved to Roomfield in 1877, nearer to Todmorden Centre. The Chapel was demolished in 1953 due to dry rot and similarly the schoolroom in 1959. A new small Chapel opened at Roomfield in 1962.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RDA00170.jpg
Todmorden National School, built on part of the church burial ground, had 153 scholars at the official opening ceremony in 1845. By 1851 this had increased to 294, although this figure included the Sunday School. There were 90 pupils in the day…

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RFC00139.jpg
Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RFC00134.jpg
Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RFC00132.jpg
Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RFC00129.jpg
Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RFC00127.jpg
Pace Egging (possibly at Brockwell). Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RFC00126.jpg
Pace Egging (possibly at Brockwell). Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RFC00125.jpg
Pace Egging (possibly at Brockwell). Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RFC00124.jpg
Pace Egging (possibly at Brockwell). Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RFC00118.jpg
Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/RFC00110.jpg
Unknown location. Rawson Family collection of glass negatives. C1890
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2